Sunday, July 09, 2006




Saturday and Sunday we were in Rawang helping at the Diakonia Church. The youth there were sponsoring a BBQ night as a witnessing tool to people in their town. Dan and I arrived early to help prepare food (We cleaned and skewered 350 chicken wings), set up tables/grills, and pray for the evening. We also prepared what we were going to share, as Dan was asked to give a short talk and I was asked to play my flute. The night was a success with over 150 teenagers coming.
Earlier in the day, we also helped out with children’s church, where about 50 boys and girls came on school busses and vans to learn more about Jesus. They sang some fun songs, played games, and broke up into classes based on their languages: either Malay, Chinese, English, or Indian. It was great fun to see their excitement.
We stayed with Karen and her family during our trip to Rawang. It was wonderful to be back in this city and to see many great friends there. We attended church on Sunday followed by a chance play basketball with some of my friends from my last trip to Rawang.

The pictures are of me speaking, the kids barbequing, and Karen’s family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home